Netscape is an open source web browser created by Marc Andreessen, and enhanced in this the efficiency while you surf on the Internet. The application includes new functions like the possibility of viewing multiple pages at the same time in just one screen. Netscape allows you to share different files at the same time, as well as pause and resume downloads. Also, it includes several improvements on the searching, security, stability and functioning.
The interface has changed, now you have more free space to view and concentrate on the webpages. Similarly, new tools and utilities are included to make the surfing easier like the ‘web address correction’ that automatically corrects you if you make any mistake writing the URL. Also, you have a container where you can save the websites for visiting in any other situation or to have a quicker access to your favorite ones.
Netscape is based in his core, Gecko, which helps you to display webpages and support Internet standards. Its compatibility with different services is excellent; one example is the integration of social networks. Besides, the program includes AOL Instant Messenger, for you to chat with people from all over the world. In Netscape you can even listen to the radio.
How to use this web browser
Getting this utility on your PC won’t take you too long. Once you are used to the setup process, there are several things you can do while using the Internet. For instance, this browser has a pop-up menu that will appear when you right-click on any word of a webpage, giving you the option to navigate searching for other uses of that word. Also, you can use tabs, something quite useful when you are visiting multibranching sites, and you should not close any of the pages because you will use them later.
On one side of the interface you will see a drop-down list with the sites you previously visited. Besides, the ‘Link Pad’ functionality also appears as a sidebar view on the left part of the screen. You do not longer need to bookmark links; you just have to right-click on it and choose the option ‘Save Link to Link Pad’. Later on, when you decide to visit that site again, you only have to click on it and a new window will open for it.
Netscape 18.104.22.168 Features
The unique features of Netscape are the following:
- Improved newsfeed support
- It is based in Gecko rendering engine
- ‘Link pad’ to add pages in a quick way without needing to create bookmark lists
- Self-correction of URLs, to correct around 30 common misspellings
- Interface has been enhanced with FTP listings and new themes
- Own ‘News’ menu to access to Netscape’s news articles
- Support for Mozilla Firefox plugins, add-ons and extensions, including Sitemail Notifier or Friends’ Activity Sidebar
- Integration of AOL Instant Messenger
- Possibility of controlling downloads, by pausing, resuming, etc.
- If you want to read more information about Netscape before you download it, feel free to visit the
System Requirements for the download and installation
Below you can find the minimum system requirements for the free download and setup of this tool in your computer:
- Operating System: Windows 98
- Processor: 233 MHz
- Memory: 64MB of RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 50MB